Thursday, June 2, 2011

Alphabet Soup

Thank you all so so so much for your encouraging words on my last post! I know that I am still struggling with these thoughts, but it’s relieving to know that many others have dealt with the exact same thing and I just need to keep pushing through. You are all amazing inspirations to me! J
Today, I thought I’d do a fun, lighthearted post and I’ve seen this survey around the blog world for a while, so I thought “Why not?” I changed a few of the letters but that’s just how I roll!
A is for apple, what’s your favorite variety? Def would have to be Pink Lady…pretty much the only kind I eat!
B is for breakfast, what do you usually have?
I try to mix up some of it, but I always have a Morningstar hot & spicy veggie sausage (for yummy crunchy protein) along with some sort of carbs, like a waffle or slice of toast topped with almond butter, and then either Greek yogurt, some cereal, overnight oats or a Vitatop muffin.

A typical (?) breakfast: Oikos superfruits Greek yogurt topped with bloobs and strawberry granola clusters, 1/2 homemade berry waffle, veggie sausage link

C is for cereal, what is your favorite kind currently? I love all the kid varieties of Cascadian Farms, but I’m gonna go with Fruitful O’s. Like a yummier, healthier version of Fruit Loops!
D is for donuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you like? Actually, I’ve never ever liked donuts…too much of a sugar rush for me!
E is for eggs, how do you like yours prepared?
Ewww, I completely hate eggs! I have never liked them, unless they’re baked into something and you can’t taste them.
F is for fat free, what is your favorite fat free product?
Definitely Greek yogurt and froyo! And of course most fruits and veggies.
G is for groceries, where do you buy yours?
Either Whole Foods (love that place) or Super Target.
H is for hot beverages, what is your favorite?
I definitely prefer cold drinks to hot but I will drink nonfat lattes from Starbucks hot.
I is for ice cream, pick a flavor and a topping?
Gelato is 1000 times better than ice cream! My favorite flavor is soy chocolate and I love any kind of fruit on top (or just plain).
J is for jams or jellies, do you eat them, and if so, what flavor?
I love the Smucker’s organic line of jams, especially the apricot kind.
K is for Kashi, name your favorite product?
OMG, I love Kashi, so this is a hard one. Either the Kashi TLC crackers, the Cherry Vanilla cereal bar or the Dark Mocha Almond granola bar. I love coffee and chocolate together!

Kashi crackers, apricot, date stuffed with crunchy AB

L is for lunch, what was yours today?
I had a late one today but it was yummy! A green salad topped with leftover grilled chicken, snap peas and edamame guacamole/plain Oikos mix on top, a nectarine and a mini Chocolate Brownie Clif bar.
M is for milk, what kind do you prefer?
I used to only drink skim milk, but when my parents switched over to 1% for a while (can’t stand that stuff) I decided to try soy. Now I like unsweetened chocolate soymilk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
N is for nutrient, do you prefer carbs, protein or fat?
I’m def a carb monster—I love fruit and cereal! Next I’d have to go with protein, especially Greek yogurt. I’m still a little scared of fats, but I love almond butter and edamame for that.
O is for onions, do you eat them?
Only uncooked, the cooked kind gives me a horrible aftertaste that lasts for a few days. I mostly like green onions and red onions in pico de gallo.
P is for protein, what’s your favorite source?
Seafood (white fish, shrimp, scallops, crab legs) or Greek yogurt. My fave brand is Oikos and I love pretty much all their flavors.

Grilled mahi mahi topped with strawberry pico and strawberry melon gazpacho on the side

Q is for quiche, what 4 ingredients would you like in yours?
I’m pretty sure I’ve never had a quiche, and since I don’t eat cheese, I wouldn’t try one now.
R is for restaurant, what’s your favorite?
I love OPB&J, an organic peanut butter and jelly place in my city. It has the yummiest PBs, jellies, breads and toppings!

Prickly Pear PB&J

S is for spices, name four that you’ve used recently?
I used cinnamon and ginger on my sweet potato last week, my mom made a pasta dish with a chili lime seasoning a few nights ago and I used black pepper in some edamame guac I made the other day.
T is for trick or treating, what’s in your bag?
I haven’t gone in quite a while, but when I used to love candy my favorites were gummy Lifesavers, Sweet Tarts, crispy M&M’s, sour gummy worms and Hershey’s Dark Chocolate.
U is for universal, what’s your favorite type of cuisine?
For sure Mediterranean/Middle Eastern. I love vegan gyros, pitas and hummus!

Vegan gyro with roasted artichoke, veggies, olives and hummus!

V is for vitamins, do you take them, and if so, what kinds?
I love the sour Flintstones gummy vitamins! They are so yummy and make me feel like a little kid again!
W is for water, where do you get yours from?
Usually from my fridge’s dispenser. I always have to have it with ice, though.
X is for eXtra special, what food holds a special place in your heart?
This one is pretty tricky, but I’m gonna have to go with gelato. I only get it rarely, once a month at the most, but it is so delicious and creamy without being heavy and full of fat.

Soy chocolate and birthday cake gelato...mmmmm!

Y is for yogurt, if you could only buy one cup, which would it be?
Oikos has my heart, and I love all their flavors, but if I had to choose only one, it would be their new superfruits flavor. It has acai, raspberry and blueberry (so it’s like 3 flavors in one…is that cheating?!)
Z is for zero guilt, which food never makes you feel guilty for eating it?
Though someday, I’d like to NEVER feel guilty about eating, I’m not there yet. However, eating fruit never gives me guilt. It’s the perfect treat, it tastes sweet but is super healthy.

Q: Choose one letter and tell me what you would say about it (for example, A= what’s your favorite kind of apple)!


P.S. I changed the design of my blog (again!) Hope you like it :)

4 comments:

  1. I liked this! It's funny because I'm the opposite way with onions - I have to eat them cooked.

    Ice cream? Mint chocolate chip!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Ash! I'm definitely reposting. :-)
    By the way, this is random, but Bryana, Haley, and I are now facebook friends. If you have a facebook and are cool with me friending you, e-mail me your full name at jess.ichooselife@gmail.com. No pressure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! And I'm the same way about water; it has to be cold from the fridge with a lot of ice cubes in it:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A restaurant dedicated solely to PB&J? Wow can I please just move to wherever you're from?
    I've never tried gelato but I'm going to Italy in a couple weeks so I will definitely have to try it while I'm there!

    I'll answer M for milk.. I like almond milk! I used to love soy so much but then was diagnosed with thyroid issues and my doctor told me to stop eating soy. (Saddest day of my life.) Fortunately almond milk is ALMOST as good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the post ;)