Saturday, April 2, 2011

Accents!

Hey guys! I’ve been wanting to do a vlog for a long long time, and I was inspired by Bryana’s recent “accent vlog” so I decided to do one of my own!
(P.S.-Please excuse the towels in the background and my voice—it sounds kind of froggy which is weird! And I recorded it on my iPod touch, which is why it is kinda shaky. I'm definitely not a professional video-taker!)
Here are the words I chose: Aunt, Route, Iron, Caramel, Sure, Crayon, Probably, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught/Cot, Dawn/Don
And the phrases: What do you call it when you wrap toilet paper around a house? What do you call those bugs that curl up when you touch them? What do you call gym shoes? What do you call it when the sun is shining and it’s raining?


Wow, I'm such a weirdo! I don't know what was going on there at the end, I think I was trying to figure out how to stop the video and it wouldn't stop!

Q’s: Did my voice match what you thought it would sound like? Do I have a similar accent to yours?

7 comments:

  1. I say Cray-ON, and certainly pajaaahhhmas. (0:
    I love to hear a bloggers voice and I LOVE your "liquid sunshine" and I am stealing it. And there's nothing you could do to stop me. I call them sunshowers. Lame.

    CeeYa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are so cute! I think I pronounce cot and caught the same way, too...
    Confession - before listened to a few vloggers, I never new that there was an actual name for sun and rain at the same time. Liquid sunshine is great!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a cool idea!! I want to try this one day haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love vlogs!! your bow is so cute- ahha i love th way you say caramel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Ashley, I love this. You do not sound like I expected, but I love your voice all the same. Your pronounciation is quite different from mine.
    Thank you for sharing!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha this cracks me up :)
    I like your voice!
    I say "pillow" weird.. other things, too. But I can't remember at the time.. ha
    P.s. you pronounce "aunt" wrong ;) haha jk
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was amazing!!!! We pronounce things a lot differently. Your voice sounds different than I expected, but I like it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the post ;)