Guess who’s back at school and ready for the last half of her second semester of her first year of college (phew, confusing)? This girl! I’m so ready to be done with school, hopefully get my “dream” summer job (either at Whole Foods or one of my favorite clothing stores) and move on to next school year, when I’ll be a sophomore and have a dorm to myself!
Today has felt really weird. I’ve been really tired and kinda out of it, I guess because I had to wake up at 5:30 (3 hours earlier than usual!) so my mom could drive me back to school. Even though I’m exhausted, I’m glad I decided to go back today instead of yesterday, because I got to spend more time with my family. The first day back after a break always feels strange, and it was even stranger getting back to school this morning and having an hour to start unpacking my stuff and then rush out the door for a full day of classes.
The best part was that it was really sunny and pretty warm today. It actually felt like the first full day of spring, which it is! I ate my lunch outside today, and I spent almost another whole hour sitting on the grass after my last class before I had to go to the library to take some notes. It really made me calm and happy to be out in the sunshine, and it inspired me to make a list of things that have made me happy recently!
1. The warm weather. I love that it’s felt spring-like most days and I’ve had the opportunity to take walks and play tennis with my dad and sister. Not to mention outdoor yoga, which I will be doing again in the near future. Plus, with daylight savings time, the sun sets a little after 7. More sunshine is always a good thing!
|Just imagine this tree with leaves...hopefully soon!|
3. New Whole Foods goodies. Seriously,
4. My iPod touch. I got mine for Christmas, and it rarely leaves my side. I’m almost always listening to music (it makes me so happy I could dance!), playing around with the apps (hello, Fruit Ninja!), checking the weather and catching up on all the blogs I read. It’s so portable, so it’s like having a computer everywhere. I love it!
|Hi, my name is Ashley, and I'm addicted to pink :)|
6. My family. I wish my spring break were this week, because both my mom and sister have theirs this week. I missed out on a lot of time with my sis especially, since she was in rehearsals for a musical she’s in at her school. But I appreciated every second I got to spend with them, and I’m looking forward to the first weekend in April because I get to see them again!
7. Finally, you guys! I could never thank my readers/commenters enough for all the great advice and such that you give me with. Seriously, all your comments touch my heart! Even if you don’t comment, I love that I have readers, period! I never thought anyone would actually want to read this, it was more of a recovery tool for me, but I’ve learned so much from reading your blogs and comments on my blog. You girls rock my world J
Q’s: What makes YOU happy?